|Aug 17, 2017|
|Aug 17, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||10,000|
Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd. is an investment company, which engages in the operations, management, and maintenance of airports in Malaysia. It operates through the following business segments: Airport Operations and Non-Airport Operations. These segments are sub divided into the following segments: Duty Free and Non-Dutiable Goods; Airport Services; Agriculture and Horticulture; Hotel; and Project and Repair Maintenance. The Duty Free and Non-Dutiable Goods segment operates duty free and non-duty free outlets and provides management services in respect of food and beverage outlets at designated airports. The Airport Services segment manages, operates, and maintains designated airports in Malaysia and offers airport related services. The Agriculture and Horticulture segment cultivates and sells oil palm and other agricultural products and provides horticulture activities. The Hotel segment manages and operates Sama-Sama Hotel K. L. International Airport and Sama-Sama Express. The Project and Repair Maintenance segment focuses on the provision of consultancy; mechanical and electrical engineering; and operations and maintenance of information and communication technology business ventures. The company was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Sepang, Malaysia.
Malaysia Airports Holdings manages nearly 40 airports, six of them international. It dominates its industry in Malaysia.
Khazanah Nasional and other state funds are the majority shareholders in the company. Malaysia Airports owns stakes in Turkey's Sabiha Gokcen International, and India's Delhi International and New Hyderabad International airports. It is led by Managing Director Badlisham Ghazali, formerly the head of a state multimedia agency.
Kuala Lumpur International Airport, the main gateway to Malaysia, handled more than 47 million passengers in 2013. A budget carrier terminal called KLIA2, with its own runway, opened in May 2014. The Kuala Lumpur air hub's overall annual capacity rose to 70 million people with the opening.
KLIA2 is considered a game changer: It is the world's biggest terminal, with the capacity to handle 45 million passengers annually, and is dedicated to budget airlines. The airport is home to Asia's biggest budget airline, AirAsia. The terminal boasts a gross floor area of 257,845 sq. meters. Another key feature is the airport's vast retail space of more than 35,000 sq. meters.
In the news
August 18, 2017 8:32 pm JST
August 18, 2017 5:12 pm JST
August 17, 2017 12:51 pm JST
August 16, 2017 8:31 pm JST
August 16, 2017 3:30 pm JST
August 16, 2017 1:10 pm JST
August 11, 2017 12:37 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||183.33M|
|Dividends per share||0.1|
|Operating cash flow||1,500.19M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||44.25M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||362.12M|
Currency in USD
- MD & Non-Independent Executive Director: Badlisham bin Ghazali
- Chief Operating Officer: Abdul Hamid Mohammed Ali
- Chief Financial Officer: Raja Azmi Raja Nazuddin
- Senior General Manager-Technical Services: Mohamed Zaifuddin Idris
- General Manager-Information Technology: Radin Asrul Adza bin Radin Soenarno
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd. (Investment Company)(36.7%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(17.6%)
- Employees Provident Fund(10.2%)
- Bumiputra Investment Foundation(1.9%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.3%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(1.1%)
- Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera(1.0%)
- Massachusetts Financial Services Co.(1.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.malaysiaairports.com.my
- Address: Persiaran Korporat KLIA, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang, 64000, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.8777.7011
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.