|Aug 18, 2017|
|Aug 18, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||58,110|
DRB-Hicom Bhd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the automotive, services, and property and infrastructure businesses. It operates through the following segments: Automotive, Services, and Property, Asset and Construction. The Automotive segment focuses on manufacturing, assembly, importation, pre-delivery inspection, composite manufacturing, distribution, and sale of motor vehicles, military vehicles, motorcycles, and special purpose vehicles including sale of related spare parts and services. The Services segment offers concession, banking, insurances, postal, integrated logistics and inventory solutions, education, and trading in engineering products and services. The Property, Asset, and Construction segment is involved in property holding, development and construction works, and asset management services. The company was founded on August 28, 1990 and is headquartered in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
DRB-Hicom counts automaking, services and property development among its many lines of business. It lead Malaysia's efforts to industrialize in the early 1980s, when national car Proton was introduced. The automaker was later spun off.
Proton Holdings was acquired in 2012 by DRB-Hicom. Besides automaking, DRB-Hicom is a contract manufacturer and distributor for Japanese and European brand cars. Proton recently appointed former Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad as chairman in a bid to halt declining market share.
Under its services division, DRB-Hicom owns postal service Pos Malaysia, solid waste management company Alam Flora and commercial vehicle inspection business Puspakom. DRB-Hicom is also involved in township development in the country.
The company is majority owned by Etika Strategi, a private company controlled by tycoon Syed Mokhtar Albukhary. DRB-Hicom is headed by Managing Director Khamil Jamil, a lawyer by training.
In the news
August 18, 2017 8:32 pm JST
August 18, 2017 7:03 pm JST
August 18, 2017 12:33 pm JST
August 17, 2017 8:30 pm JST
August 17, 2017 7:40 pm JST
Management dismisses rumors of bid for Italian-US carmaker Fiat Chrysler
August 17, 2017 12:23 am JST
August 16, 2017 12:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||-471.66M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||48.41M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||-112.16M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||11.51M|
Currency in USD
- Group Managing Director & Director: Faisal Albar bin Ali Rethza Albar
- Chief Operating Officer: Mohamed Razeek bin Mohamed Hussain Maricar
- Head-Group Information Technology: Kim Fatt Cham
- Group Director-Business Development: Khalid bin Abdol Rahman
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Radzaif bin Mohamed
- Employees Provident Fund(6.0%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(5.8%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(1.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.4%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.4%)
- Baring Asset Management (Asia) Ltd.(0.5%)
- RHB Asset Management Sdn. Bhd.(0.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.2%)
- Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd.(0.1%)
- Libra Invest Bhd.(0.1%)
- Website: http://www.drb-hicom.com
- Address: Wisma DRB-HICOM, No. 2, Jalan Usahawan U1/8, Shah Alam, 40150, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2052.8000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.