|Sep 20, 2017|
|Sep 20, 2017|
Currency in KRW
|Full time employees:||--|
SK hynix, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of semiconductor products. It operates through memory and non-memory semiconductor businesses. The memory semiconductor business offers computing, server, graphics, consumer, mobile memories, and NAND flash. The non-memory semiconductor business provides complementary metal-oxide semiconductor image sensors. The company was founded on October 15, 1949 and is headquartered in Icheon, South Korea.
SK Hynix is one of world's largest manufacturers of semiconductors.
The company began as Hyundai Electronics Industries, established in 1983 by South Korea's Hyundai group. In 1999, the company acquired LG Semiconductor from South Korea's LG group. It changed its name to Hynix Semiconductor in 2001. The company came under the supervision of financial institutions in 2001 amid balance sheet troubles and restructured. In 2011, the company came under the umbrella of leading South Korean mobile carrier SK Telecom, a unit under SK Holdings. It changed its name to SK Hynix in 2012.
SK Holdings also operates businesses in energy and other sectors. The group's Chairman Chey Tae-won also serves part-time as Chairman of SK Hynix. SK Hynix's earnings have rapidly grown thanks to its aggressive capital investment, after becoming a member of the country's major conglomerate.
Japanese electronics maker Toshiba filed a damages suit against its business partner SK Hynix over the leak of NAND flash memory data, which has been settled. The two companies continued to work together on a next-generation memory chip even during the lawsuit.
SK Hynix operates plants in South Korea's Icheon, Gyeonggi Province; Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk Province; and China's Wuxi, Jiangsu Province.
In the news
September 21, 2017 9:06 pm JST
SK Hynix, Samsung advance in Seoul
September 21, 2017 9:05 pm JST
Shareholders to vote on sale of flash memory unit to Bain-led group
September 21, 2017 3:15 pm JST
September 21, 2017 3:08 pm JST
Rivals have forged ahead with investment as unit sale process has dragged
September 21, 2017 9:30 am JST
September 21, 2017 9:19 am JST
Legal action by spurned Western Digital still puts vital deal at risk
September 21, 2017 7:17 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||3,193.70B|
|Dividends per share||600|
|Operating cash flow||5,548.92B|
Currency in KRW
|Income before tax||2,752.74M|
|Dividends per share||0.51|
|Operating cash flow||4,782.77M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Sung-Wook Park
- Co-President, Director & Head-Management Support: Joon-Ho Kim
- Senior Managing Director & Head-Finance: Myung-Young Lee
- MD & Head-Research and Development: Seung-Ho Pi
- Senior MD & Head-Production and Technology: Sang-Seon Lee
- SK Telecom Co., Ltd.(20.7%)
- National Pension Service of Korea(10.0%)
- SK hynix, Inc.(3.0%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.7%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(1.6%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(1.5%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (UK) Ltd.(0.9%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.9%)
- Website: http://www.skhynix.com
- Address: 2091 Gyeongchung-daero, Bubal-eup, Icheon-si, 17336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.31.630.4114
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.