|Aug 18, 2017|
|Aug 18, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||20,366|
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. is a holding company, which engages in manufacturing automotive vehicles. It operates through the following segments: Automotive, Farm Equipment, and Others. The Automotive segment comprises of sale of automobiles, spare parts, and related services. The Farm Equipment segment involves in the sale of tractor and spare parts. The Others segment includes agri, construction equipment, powerol, and spares business unit. The company was founded by Jagdish Chandra Mahindra, Kailash Chandra Mahindra, and Ghulam Mohammed on October 2, 1945 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Mahindra & Mahindra is a core unit of conglomerate Mahindra Group. A major producer of sport utility vehicles, trucks and farm tractors, the company is active in the domestic and international markets.
The conglomerate was founded in 1945 as a steel trading company. It was established by Jagdish Chandra Mahindra, his brother Kailash Chandra Mahindra, partner Ghulam Mohammed and the city now known as Mumbai. J.C. Mahindra was the grandfather of Anand Mahindra, the current chairman.
After India won independence from Britain in 1947, Mohammed entered politics in Pakistan, leaving the management of the company to the Mahindra brothers. The company then began building four-wheel-drive vehicles and, on the strength of the auto business, gradually expanded its empire.
Anand Mahindra studied at Harvard Business School in the U.S. before going to work for a group company. In 1991, he joined the Mahindra & Mahindra management team. He became president in 1997.
The company scored hits with its SUVs in the 2000s, helping to cement its presence in the passenger car business. In 2010, it took over South Korean automaker Ssangyong Motor. It also acquired domestic startups and became the first Indian company to market electric vehicles.
Mahindra Group is also engaged in the agricultural, financial services and Information Technology services sectors. The founding family and group companies own more than 20% of Mahindra & Mahindra.
In the news
August 7, 2017 9:27 pm JST
August 4, 2017 9:24 pm JST
August 4, 2017 9:02 pm JST
August 4, 2017 8:43 pm JST
August 4, 2017 8:37 pm JST
August 2, 2017 9:43 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||54,508.6M|
|Dividends per share||13|
|Operating cash flow||3,779.7M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||812.86M|
|Dividends per share||0.19|
|Operating cash flow||56.36M|
Currency in USD
- Managing Director & Executive Director: Pawan Kumar Goenka
- Chief Financial & Information Officer: Parthasarathy Vankipuram Srinivasa
- Group CTO & President-Information Technology: Ulhas Narayan Yargop
- Secretary & Compliance Officer: Narayan Shankar
- President-Group Mergers & Acquisitions: Subramaniam Durgashankar
- Prudential Management & Services Pvt Ltd.(11.3%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(9.9%)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Benefit Trust(8.3%)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Employees Stock Option Trust(4.4%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(3.5%)
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Invt Port)(2.6%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2.2%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(1.7%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.6%)
- Website: http://www.mahindra.com
- Address: Mahindra Towers, Dr. G. M. Bhosale Marg, Mumbai, 400018, India
- Phone: +91.22.24975074
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.