|Dec 15, 2017|
|Dec 15, 2017|
Currency in THB
|Full time employees:||--|
Minor International Public Co., Ltd. engages in the ownership and operation of hotels and resorts. It operates through four segments: Hotel and Spa, Mixed Use, Restaurant, and Retail. The company was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Minor International is a Thai conglomerate that runs hotels and restaurants in and outside its home market. Its network, built up through an aggressive acquisition strategy, includes more than 100 hotels and nearly 1,600 restaurants.
CEO William Heinecke founded the company in 1978, with a small hotel in Thailand's resort area of Pattaya. He expanded into the food business with a pizzeria in 1980.
Heinecke, born in the U.S. in 1949, moved to Thailand with his parents when he was still a student. He made the country his home and eventually gave up his American citizenship. Heinecke also serves as an independent director of Indorama Ventures, a Thai maker of polyethylene terephthalate, better known as PET.
Currently, Minor draws about half of its revenue from hotels and about 40% from restaurants. The rest comes from retail trading.
Under licenses, the company operates hotels of global brands including Marriott and Four Seasons, alongside its own chains, such as Anantara and Avani. In 2011, it acquired a majority stake in Australia's Oaks Hotels and Resorts.
Along with its own pizza chain, Pizza Company, Minor owns the master franchise rights of U.S. ice cream parlor Swensen's in 32 countries.
In the news
November 13, 2017 8:24 pm JST
Growing number of tourists to Japan help boost popularity of brand goods
July 9, 2017 3:00 pm JST
June 15, 2017 10:00 am JST
Thailand's improved current-account surplus a flip side of weak domestic demand
March 7, 2017 7:00 pm JST
December 26, 2016 9:02 pm JST
November 17, 2016 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||7,249.40M|
|Dividends per share||0.35|
|Operating cash flow||7,167.32M|
Currency in THB
|Income before tax||205.47M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||203.15M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: William Ellwood Heinecke
- Chief Operating Officer & Director: Emmanuel Jude Dillipraj Rajakarier
- Chief Financial Officer: Brian Delaney
- Chief Information Officer: Steve Delano Herndon
- Vice President-Investment & Acquisitions: Kosin Chantikul
- Minor Holdings (Thai) Ltd.(15.7%)
- YAN ZHI /ZALL/(13.3%)
- OSATHANUGRAH NITTI(7.5%)
- HEINECKE WILLIAM ELLWOOD(2.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.2%)
- Social Security Office of Thailand(2.1%)
- Estate Of Adulyadej Bhumibol(2.0%)
- THADANI ANIL(1.2%)
- Bangkok Rinvest Co. Ltd.(0.8%)
- SORNSONGKRAM DHASANAWALAYA(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.minorinternational.com
- Address: 99 Berli Jucker House, Soi Rubia, Sukhumvit 42 Road, Kwaeng Phrakanong, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.365.6117
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.