|Oct 19, 2017|
|Oct 19, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||2,457|
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. engages in the manufacture of personal and household care products. It offers household insecticides, hair color, liquid detergents, soaps, and air fresheners. It operates through the following geographical segments: India, Indonesia, Africa, and Others. The company was founded on November 29, 2000 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Godrej Consumer Products, or GCPL, is part of the Godrej Group, a midsize Indian conglomerate. It has large shares of the market for insecticides, housewares, soap and hair care products in India.
The Godrej Group was founded in the 1890s by the grandfather and great-uncle of Adi Godrej, the current chairman of both the group and GCPL. The group entered the soap business in the 1910s, raising the brand's profile by offering products made without animal fat in consideration of India's many vegetarians. In 2001, Godrej Soaps, the group's core unit, was split into two entities, one of which is GCPL.
GCPL is working to expand overseas, particularly in Asia, Africa and Latin America. It bought a major Indonesian household insecticides company in 2010. It has also bought a number of African companies and is planning to purchase a South African baldness treatment company, possibly by the end of 2015. The group's main subsidiaries and the founding family together hold more than 60% of GCPL shares.
In the news
ITC, Hindustan Unilever advance
October 9, 2017 9:54 pm JST
Godrej Industries, Singapore's Temasek to sell part of holdings in Godrej Agrovet.
September 26, 2017 8:58 pm JST
Index heavyweights HDFC Bank and ITC lead the losses
September 25, 2017 10:10 pm JST
August 22, 2017 9:53 pm JST
August 3, 2017 9:01 pm JST
August 3, 2017 8:27 pm JST
SK Hynix, TSMC, Hon Hai make the list of Wednesday's winners
August 2, 2017 8:44 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||16,863.1M|
|Dividends per share||7.5|
|Operating cash flow||17,217.5M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||251.47M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||256.75M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer, MD & Executive Director: Vivek Gambhir
- CFO, Secretary & Compliance Officer: V. Srinivasan
- Head-Research & Development: Sunder Nurani Mahadevan
- Head-Global Supply Chain & Information Technology: Rakesh K. Sinha
- EVP-Business Development, Mergers & Acquisitions: Omar Momin
- Godrej Industries Ltd.(51.2%)
- Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Co. Ltd.(7.3%)
- Temasek Capital Pte Ltd.(2.4%)
- First State Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(2.2%)
- Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte Ltd.(1.9%)
- Aberdeen Asset Management (Asia) Ltd.(1.5%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(1.3%)
- NAOROJI RISHAD KAIKHUSHRU(1.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.2%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.godrejcp.com
- Address: Godrej One, 4th Floor, Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway, Mumbai, 400079, India
- Phone: +91.22.25188010
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.