|Jan 19, 2018|
|Jan 19, 2018|
Currency in CNY
|Full time employees:||79,561|
TCL Corp. engages in the manufacture and sale of home appliances. Its products include telephone, television, mobile phones, refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, small appliances, and liquid-crystal display panels. The company was founded by Dongsheng Li in 1981 and is headquartered in Huizhou, China.
TCL is a Chinese home appliance maker. Its operations include core product, liquid crystal display (LCD) TV sets, smartphones, white goods, LCD panels and PCs. It has a strong profile worldwide, ranked fourth in LCD TV sets and seventh in smartphones.
TCL began in 1981 in Huizhou, Guangdong Province, as a minor manufacturer owned by local government. Its little countryside factory grew into a world-famous consumer electronics company, in part due to its strong leader, Chairman Li Dongsheng. The company is widely admired in China.
Unlike most Chinese home appliance makers, TCL looked abroad for opportunities from its early days. In 2002 it partnered with Matsushita Electric Industrial (now Panasonic) in home appliances. Between 2004 and 2006 it surprised industry by taking over the TV-set operations of Thomson and the cellphone operations of Alcatel-Lucent, both of France. It is also known for its close relationships with Japanese electronics leaders such as Sony and Sharp on product sharing.
TCL's smartphone operations are growing rapidly, set to surpass LCD TV operation. Sales are rising quickly in the Americas.
In the news
January 19, 2018 3:59 pm JST
Gionee reportedly hits financial difficulties after LeEco stumbles
January 19, 2018 11:30 am JST
December 22, 2017 7:00 am JST
November 29, 2017 12:30 pm JST
November 29, 2017 8:32 am JST
November 28, 2017 8:30 pm JST
Energy producers lead losses ahead of OPEC meeting
November 28, 2017 8:18 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,880.66M|
|Dividends per share||0.08|
|Operating cash flow||8,611.63M|
Currency in CNY
|Income before tax||283.08M|
|Dividends per share||0.01|
|Operating cash flow||1,296.23M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Dong Sheng Li
- Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director: Xu Bin Huang
- Chief Technology Officer & Senior Vice President: Xiao Lin Yan
- Executive Director & Senior Vice President: Aiping Guo
- Vice President: Cheng Kevin Wang
- Huizhou State Owned Asset Sup. & Adm. Commssion(9.2%)
- Guangdong State-Owned Assets Supervision & Administration(6.8%)
- China Securities Finance Corp. Ltd.(3.6%)
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Company)(2.2%)
- LI DONG SHENG(1.7%)
- Huizhou Investment Development Co. Ltd.(1.1%)
- China Merchants Fund Management Co., Ltd.(1.0%)
- China Southern Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.8%)
- ICBC Credit Suisse Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.8%)
- Zhong Ou Asset Management Co., Ltd(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.tcl.com
- Address: TCL Technology Building, No. 17 Huifeng 3rd Road, Huizhou, 516001, China
- Phone: +86.755.3396.8898
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.