|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||25,751|
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. manufactures, purchases and sells of motor vehicles, automobile components and spare parts. The other activities of the company comprise facilitation of pre-owned car sales, fleet management and car financing. The company is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corp. It offers various brands including Maruti 800, Omni and Eeco brands; international brands, such as Alto, Alto-K10, A-star, WagonR, Swift, Ritz, Ertiga, and Estilo; off-roader vehicles under Gypsy; SUVs under Grand Vitara brands; and sedans under SX4, Swift DZire, and Kizashi brands. Maruti Suzuki India was founded on February 24, 1981 and is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
Maruti Suzuki India, the country's No. 1 automaker, controls more than 40% of the domestic passenger car market.
The company started out as a state-run entity called Maruti Udyog in 1981. The following year, with the government actively promoting foreign investment in India, Japan's Suzuki Motor came on board as a joint venture partner.
The Japanese automaker gradually increased its stake in Maruti Udyog and turned it into a subsidiary in 2002. In 2007, the Indian government unloaded all of its remaining shares and the company was renamed Maruti Suzuki.
Although Maruti Suzuki is widely thought of as an Indian company, Suzuki owns a majority stake.
The company runs two factories in the northern state of Haryana. It has capacity for more than 1500,000 vehicles. Suzuki, meanwhile, is setting up an auto plant in the western state of Gujarat, scheduled to come onstream in 2017. This facility will be operated by a new, wholly owned Suzuki unit, rather than Maruti, but its output will be marketed by the Indian carmaker.
Although it focused on compact hatchbacks for years -- its Maruti 800 became an icon -- Maruti Suzuki now has sedans and sport utility vehicles in its lineup as well.
In the news
ICICI Bank, State Bank of India slide
November 20, 2017 9:12 pm JST
In India, automaker will turn to Suzuki; all efforts to keep up with environmental rules
November 18, 2017 2:52 am JST
Automaker partners with a state that sees itself as a future e-vehicle hub
November 17, 2017 9:37 pm JST
Hyundai's China woes lessen as Maruti Suzuki India keeps up winning streak
November 11, 2017 3:03 am JST
Tata's luxury unit reports 38% increase in pre-tax profit
November 9, 2017 9:50 pm JST
Chairman sees Toyota tech as key to meeting government's 2030 all-electric goal
November 2, 2017 10:00 am JST
Festival season demand tapers off, additional tax hurts Ciaz sedan
November 1, 2017 10:34 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||101,272M|
|Dividends per share||75|
|Operating cash flow||102,216M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||1,510.23M|
|Dividends per share||1.11|
|Operating cash flow||1,524.31M|
Currency in USD
- CEO, Executive Director & Joint Managing Director: Kenichi Ayukawa
- Chief Financial Officer: Ajay Seth
- Executive Officer-Information Technology: R. Uppal
- Vice President-Research & Development: Tapan Sahoo
- Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer: Ravi S. Aiyar
- Suzuki Motor Corp.(56.2%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(4.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.0%)
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd.(0.8%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(0.7%)
- UTI Asset Management Co. Ltd. (Investment Management)(0.7%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd.(0.5%)
- Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd.(0.5%)
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co. Ltd.(0.5%)
- Website: http://www.marutisuzuki.com
- Address: Plot No. 1, Nelson Mandela Road, New Delhi, 110070, India
- Phone: +91.11.46781000
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.