|Feb 16, 2018|
|Feb 16, 2018|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||25,751|
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. engages in the manufactures, purchases, and sells motor vehicles, automobile components, and spare parts. It also facilitates pre-owned car sales, fleet management, and car financing. The company is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corp. It offers various brands including Maruti 800, Omni and Eeco brands; international brands, such as Alto, Alto-K10, A-star, WagonR, Swift, Ritz, Ertiga, and Estilo; off-roader vehicles under Gypsy; SUVs under Grand Vitara brands; and sedans under SX4, Swift DZire, and Kizashi brands. The company was founded on February 24, 1981 and is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
Maruti Suzuki India, the country's No. 1 automaker, controls more than 40% of the domestic passenger car market.
The company started out as a state-run entity called Maruti Udyog in 1981. The following year, with the government actively promoting foreign investment in India, Japan's Suzuki Motor came on board as a joint venture partner.
The Japanese automaker gradually increased its stake in Maruti Udyog and turned it into a subsidiary in 2002. In 2007, the Indian government unloaded all of its remaining shares and the company was renamed Maruti Suzuki.
Although Maruti Suzuki is widely thought of as an Indian company, Suzuki owns a majority stake.
The company runs two factories in the northern state of Haryana. It has capacity for more than 1500,000 vehicles. Suzuki, meanwhile, is setting up an auto plant in the western state of Gujarat, scheduled to come onstream in 2017. This facility will be operated by a new, wholly owned Suzuki unit, rather than Maruti, but its output will be marketed by the Indian carmaker.
Although it focused on compact hatchbacks for years -- its Maruti 800 became an icon -- Maruti Suzuki now has sedans and sport utility vehicles in its lineup as well.
In the news
No need for one, since action plans are in the works, officials say
February 17, 2018 8:44 am JST
Models from Maruti, Hyundai, Jeep drive sales
February 12, 2018 9:23 pm JST
Goal to switch completely to new technology by 2030 is seen as unrealistic
February 12, 2018 3:00 pm JST
Exceptional gain from investments also boosted net income
February 9, 2018 10:24 pm JST
Kia and SAIC ready debuts as local veterans sharpen focus on electrics
February 8, 2018 6:49 am JST
Honda and newcomer Kia compete for attention alongside Tata Motors and Maruti Suzuki
February 8, 2018 12:08 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||101,272M|
|Dividends per share||75|
|Operating cash flow||102,216M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||1,510.23M|
|Dividends per share||1.11|
|Operating cash flow||1,524.31M|
Currency in USD
- CEO, Joint Managing Director & Executive Director: Kenichi Ayukawa
- Senior Executive Director-Finance: Ajay Seth
- Senior Executive Director-Engineering: C. V. Rahman
- Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer: Ravi S. Aiyar
- Executive Officer-Finance: Masami Nishio
- Suzuki Motor Corp.(56.2%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(4.9%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.1%)
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd.(0.7%)
- Fidelity Management & Research Co.(0.7%)
- UTI Asset Management Co. Ltd. (Investment Management)(0.6%)
- Nomura Asset Management Singapore Ltd.(0.6%)
- SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd.(0.6%)
- JF Asset Management Ltd.(0.5%)
- Website: http://www.marutisuzuki.com
- Address: Plot No. 1, Nelson Mandela Road, New Delhi, 110070, India
- Phone: +91.11.46781000
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.