|Jan 23, 2018|
|Jan 23, 2018|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||318,588|
Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. engages in the provision of financial products and services. It operates through the following businesses: insurance, banking, and investment segments. Its Insurance segment offers life, property and casualty, pension, and health insurance services. Its banking segment undertakes loan and intermediary business, wealth management, and credit card services. Its Investment segment provides trust, securities, and asset management services. The company was founded by MingZhe Ma on March 21, 1988 and is headquartered in Shenzhen, China.
Ping An Insurance Group is a Chinese financial conglomerate with banking, asset management and other units. It has nearly 90 million customers. Ping An was established in the southern city of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, in 1988 as China's first joint-stock insurance company. It entered the banking business in 2006 when it purchased a bank in the city and renamed it Ping An Bank.
The company has 236,000 employees and 635,000 insurance agents. Many of the types of policies it promotes have not entered the mainstream in China. It ranks second in both the life and nonlife insurance markets in terms of premium revenues.
One of Ping An's key strengths is its ability to comprehensively offer a range of financial services, including insurance, banking, trust, securities, futures and asset management.
Ping An stands out among Chinese financial institutions for its aggressive acceptance of foreign capital. HSBC of the U.K. became its single largest shareholder in 2002. HSBC later sold its stake under a new management policy, making Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group the biggest investor. Other shareholders include Tamasek Holdings, an investment company owned by the government of Singapore.
In the news
Tencent, Ping An Insurance poised for new all-time highs; Geely Auto jumps
January 23, 2018 2:28 pm JST
January 23, 2018 2:19 pm JST
January 23, 2018 11:45 am JST
January 22, 2018 7:27 pm JST
Shanghai Composite Index hits two-year record
January 22, 2018 7:15 pm JST
Index of mainland Chinese companies flat after 16-day winning streak
January 22, 2018 2:15 pm JST
January 22, 2018 2:06 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||111,912.29M|
|Dividends per share||0.86|
|Operating cash flow||431,187.32M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||14,417.12M|
|Dividends per share||0.11|
|Operating cash flow||55,547.78M|
Currency in USD
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer: Ming Zhe Ma
- Chief Operating & Information Officer, Deputy GM: Sin Ying Tan
- CFO, Executive Director & Deputy General Manager: Bo Yao
- Deputy GM, Chief Auditor & Compliance Officer: So Lan Ip
- Senior Vice President: Shi Fan Cao
- CHEARAVANONT FAMILY(30.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(2.3%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(2.3%)
- Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.6%)
- JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc.(1.6%)
- CHEARAVANONT DHANIN(1.3%)
- APG Asset Management NV(1.1%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.1%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(1.0%)
- Website: http://www.pingan.com
- Address: Shenzhen Ping An Financial Center, 47-48-109-110-111-112 Floor, Shenzhen, 518033, China
- Phone: +86.400.8866.338
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.