|Aug 18, 2017|
|Aug 18, 2017|
Currency in TWD
|Full time employees:||--|
Catcher Technology Co. Ltd. engages in the manufacture and distribution of computer and electronic products. It provides different options on forming process and surface treatment, such as extrusion, stamping, forging, and injection mold for aluminum and magnesium products. It mainly involves in the magnesium die casting technology that caters to telecommunication and automotive industries. The company was founded on November 23, 1984 and is headquartered in Tainan, Taiwan.
Catcher Technology makes metal housings for electronic devices, including smartphones, tablets and notebook computers.
Metal housings are increasingly replacing plastic ones. The shift is occurring for practical as well as aesthetic reasons: Even thin metal cases offer increased strength.
Catcher was established as a metal parts maker in 1984. It was founded by the father of current Chairman Hung Shui-Shu. Prior to joining the company, Hung was an ear and nose doctor.
The company emphasizes the development of proprietary technology, including molds and surface-treatment techniques.
Catcher built expertise by making housings for home appliances and personal computers. This helped it land an order for thin housing for Apple's MacBook Air notebook.
Beginning with the iPhone 6, which hit the market in 2014, Catcher also provides housings for Apple smartphones.
Catcher's main plants are located in China's Jiangsu Province and Tainan in southern Taiwan. It is honing its manufacturing prowess and cost competitiveness by adopting metalworking equipment that features computer numerical co
In the news
Some 6.68 million households and iPhone supplier ASE lost electricity
August 16, 2017 1:49 am JST
Investors beginning to take profits ahead of new iPhone launch
August 14, 2017 9:40 pm JST
July 24, 2017 8:56 pm JST
July 24, 2017 8:20 pm JST
Upcoming iPhone exports could be delayed for 60 days
July 13, 2017 7:08 pm JST
iPhone assembler's casing subsidiary vies to win business from Apple
June 20, 2017 10:55 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||32,538.56M|
|Dividends per share||10|
|Operating cash flow||26,872.27M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||1,008.92M|
|Dividends per share||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||833.22M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager & Director: Tien Tzu Hung
- Assistant GM, Head-Finance & Accounting: Mei Hsing Chen
- Deputy General Manager: Wen Chien Chien
- Deputy General Manager, IR Contact & Spokesman: Chun Yi Wu
- Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (Invt Port)(5.3%)
- Kai Yi Investment Co., Ltd.(4.1%)
- Jia Wei Investment Co. Ltd.(3.3%)
- T. Rowe Price International Ltd.(3.2%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.1%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2.6%)
- LIN CHEN MEI JANICE(2.3%)
- KUO SU MEI /CATCHER/(1.9%)
- Labor Pension Old Fund(1.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.8%)
- Website: http://www.catcher-group.com
- Address: No. 398 Renai Street, Yongkang District, Tainan, 71072, Taiwan
- Phone: +8220.127.116.1100
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.