|Dec 12, 2017|
|Dec 12, 2017|
Currency in TWD
|Full time employees:||--|
Catcher Technology Co. Ltd. engages in the manufacture and distribution of computer and electronic products. It provides different options on forming process and surface treatment, such as extrusion, stamping, forging, and injection mold for aluminum and magnesium products. It mainly involves in the magnesium die casting technology that caters to telecommunication and automotive industries. The company was founded on November 23, 1984 and is headquartered in Tainan, Taiwan.
Catcher Technology makes metal housings for electronic devices, including smartphones, tablets and notebook computers.
Metal housings are increasingly replacing plastic ones. The shift is occurring for practical as well as aesthetic reasons: Even thin metal cases offer increased strength.
Catcher was established as a metal parts maker in 1984. It was founded by the father of current Chairman Hung Shui-Shu. Prior to joining the company, Hung was an ear and nose doctor.
The company emphasizes the development of proprietary technology, including molds and surface-treatment techniques.
Catcher built expertise by making housings for home appliances and personal computers. This helped it land an order for thin housing for Apple's MacBook Air notebook.
Beginning with the iPhone 6, which hit the market in 2014, Catcher also provides housings for Apple smartphones.
Catcher's main plants are located in China's Jiangsu Province and Tainan in southern Taiwan. It is honing its manufacturing prowess and cost competitiveness by adopting metalworking equipment that features computer numerical co
In the news
Move aimed at avoiding over-reliance on Samsung and helps other Asian suppliers
December 7, 2017 8:45 am JST
Taiwanese maker of camera lenses takes hit US as tech giant cuts iPhone X orders
December 6, 2017 9:19 pm JST
Industry revenue jumps 6.3% despite iPhone X hiccups
November 13, 2017 11:30 pm JST
Company move fuels speculation about Apple AR product rollout
November 8, 2017 12:34 am JST
As shipment date looms, TSMC, Foxconn say Sept. sales drop on manufacturing delay
October 12, 2017 10:58 pm JST
September 25, 2017 8:54 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||32,538.56M|
|Dividends per share||10|
|Operating cash flow||26,872.27M|
Currency in TWD
|Income before tax||1,008.92M|
|Dividends per share||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||833.22M|
Currency in USD
- General Manager & Director: Tien-Szu Hung
- Assistant GM, Head-Finance & Accounting: Mei Hsing Chen
- Deputy General Manager: Wen Chien Chien
- Deputy General Manager, IR Contact & Spokesman: Chun Yi Wu
- Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (Invt Port)(5.3%)
- Kai Yi Investment Co., Ltd.(4.1%)
- Jia Wei Investment Co. Ltd.(3.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.3%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(2.6%)
- LIN CHEN MEI JANICE(2.3%)
- T. Rowe Price International Ltd.(2.3%)
- KUO SU MEI /CATCHER/(1.9%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.9%)
- Labor Pension Old Fund(1.9%)
- Website: http://www.catcher-group.com
- Address: No. 398 Renai Street, Yongkang District, Tainan, 71072, Taiwan
- Phone: +8188.8.131.5200
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.