|Jan 23, 2018|
|Jan 23, 2018|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||71,617|
Great Wall Motor Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of automobiles. It also involves in the research and development, production, and sale of auto parts and accessories. Its products include sports utility vehicles, pickup, and passenger cars. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Baoding, China.
Great Wall Motor is a privately-run Chinese automaker headquartered in Hebei Province. It is among the top three privately-run Chinese automakers, along with Zhejiang Geely Holding Group and Chery Automobile.
Founded in 1984, Great Wall Motor has mainly produced sport utility vehicles and pick-up trucks. It recently launched a line of passenger cars as well. The company went public on the Hong Kong stock exchange in 2003 and got listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2011.
The automaker has about 60,000 employees on its payroll and operates four domestic plants in China. It has ramped up sales of the Great Wall series of SUVs as well as pickup trucks over the years. The company's annual domestic sales came to about 700,000 units in 2014.
Great Wall Motor started exporting vehicles in 1998. Russia, Chile and South Africa are its main export destinations. The company plans to build a new SUV plant in Thailand.
Wei Jianjun serves as Great Wall Motor's chairman and is referred to as a "military man" due to his strict management style. As such, he strictly supervises production management at its auto plants, research and development as well as sales and marketing strategies.
The company has achieved growth without forming partnerships with major foreign carmakers. It is now trying to develop eco-friendly vehicles, such as plug-in hybrids.
In the news
'We're not going to break up anything,' Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said
January 16, 2018 6:44 am JST
Rising global bond yields also damp investor appetite
January 10, 2018 9:28 pm JST
January 10, 2018 8:50 pm JST
Country Garden set for fresh record; Lenovo slips on U.S. tax policy impact
January 10, 2018 2:48 pm JST
January 10, 2018 2:07 pm JST
January 10, 2018 12:30 pm JST
January 10, 2018 12:11 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||14,585.43M|
|Dividends per share||0.39|
|Operating cash flow||10,366.51M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||1,878.97M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||1,335.46M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & General Manager: Feng Ying Wang
- Chief Financial Officer & Deputy General Manager: Feng Zhen Li
- Deputy General Manager: Chun Lai Zheng
- Deputy General Manager: Shu Jie Hu
- Deputy General Manager: Jian Jun Hao
- Capital Research & Management Co. (International Investors)(4.1%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.5%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(2.7%)
- Skagen AS (Investment Management)(2.1%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.8%)
- City National Rochdale LLC(0.9%)
- BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Ltd.(0.9%)
- SEB Investment Management AB(0.9%)
- Rothschild Asset Management SCS(0.9%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.gwm.com.cn
- Address: No. 2266 Chaoyang South Street, Baoding, 071000, China
- Phone: +86.312.2197813
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.