|Aug 18, 2017|
|Aug 18, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||362,482|
China Construction Bank Corp. engages in the provision of commercial banking products and services. Its business consists of corporate banking, personal banking, and treasury operations. It offers infrastructure loans, residential mortgage, and bank cards. The company was founded in October 1954 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
China Construction Bank (CCB) is one of China's four major state-owned banking institutions. Established in 1954, its original name was the People's Construction Bank of China.
The bank was originally under the wing of the Ministry of Finance and provided funding in accordance with government plans to build infrastructure. In 1979, it went under the control of the state council and began to serve as a commercial bank as well. It got its current name in 1996.
The bank has major clients among large state-owned enterprises in infrastructure sectors including the electric power, telecommunications, oil, natural gas and construction industries. It listed its stock on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2005 and on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in 2007.
The bank now serves large numbers of retail customers and small and midsize businesses. As of the end of 2014, it had 14,856 branch offices in China. Its corporate customers number 3.48 million and retail customers 314 million. It ranks second in China's banking industry next to Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
The bank is actively expanding its business abroad, operating branch offices in Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Frankfurt, New York and Sydney. It has founded banking units in Britain, Russia and Dubai, which serve Chinese and other customers operating locally.
In the news
August 18, 2017 2:26 pm JST
August 18, 2017 2:25 pm JST
August 16, 2017 8:38 pm JST
August 16, 2017 8:26 pm JST
August 16, 2017 2:47 pm JST
August 16, 2017 2:27 pm JST
August 15, 2017 8:05 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||344,848.20M|
|Dividends per share||0.31|
|Operating cash flow||1,021.92B|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||44,425.13M|
|Dividends per share||0.04|
|Operating cash flow||131,649.92M|
Currency in USD
- Vice Chairman & President: Zu Ji Wang
- Chief Financial Officer: Yi Ming Xu
- Executive Vice President: Wen Sheng Yang
- Executive Director & Vice President: Xiu Sheng Pang
- Executive Director & Vice President: Geng Sheng Zhang
- China Investment Corp. (Investment Company)(59.3%)
- Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(4.9%)
- China State-Owned Assets Supervision & Admn Commission(1.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.2%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(0.7%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(0.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.5%)
- State Street Global Advisors Asia Ltd.(0.5%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(0.5%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.ccb.com
- Address: No. 25 Jinrong Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100033, China
- Phone: +86.10.6621.5533
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.