|Feb 22, 2018|
|Feb 22, 2018|
Currency in VND
|Full time employees:||--|
Vietnam Dairy Products Corp. engages in the production and distribution of dairy products. Its products include fresh milk, yoghurt, drinking yoghurt, fermented yoghurt, ice-cream, cheese, and milk powder for elders, mothers, and kids, soy bean milk, fruit juice, smoothie, atiso tea, and aloe vera through Vinamilk, Dielac, Ridielac, and V-Fresh brand names. It distributes its products in Australia, Cambodia, Philippines, and the United States. The company was founded in 1976 and is headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Vietnam Dairy Products (Vinamilk) is Vietnam's largest food processor and deals in a wide variety of dairy products, including milk and yogurt. It is said to account for about 50% of Vietnam's dairy market.
The company was founded in 1976 and went public on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange in 2006. It is 45% owned by the government. Its high potential is recognized outside the country as well and foreign investors own 49% of the company. Its market capitalization is the second largest in Vietnam at around $5.5 billion.
According to a study by a private research agency, dairy consumption has surged more than 20-fold in Vietnam over the last 20 years, with Vinamilk contributing much to this trend.
CEO Mai Kieu Lien, who was born in France in 1953, studied milk processing in the former Soviet Union and then returned to Vietnam. She has been listed by Forbes as one of Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen.
Vinamilk went into dairy farming in 2006 in Vietnam, where there were very few dairy farmers. The company now runs five dairy farms. In view of the aging of society, it has marketed to seniors dairy products rich in calcium and vitamins.
In the news
Binh Minh Plastics holding to be auctioned as government programme resumes
February 19, 2018 2:10 pm JST
Shell, Total, Tokyo Gas among contenders, over $3bn in project investments planned
January 27, 2018 12:02 am JST
Homegrown companies emerge as big FDI players
January 24, 2018 5:10 pm JST
Securities Commission asks investors to stay calm as outage enters third day
January 24, 2018 1:39 am JST
Timing of crackdown raises eyebrows and draws China comparisons
January 21, 2018 10:52 pm JST
Fast-growing company looks to base production in America, targeting Latino households
January 20, 2018 1:33 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||12,228.94B|
|Dividends per share||3,500|
|Operating cash flow||10,356.55B|
Currency in VND
|Income before tax||538.32M|
|Dividends per share||0.15|
|Operating cash flow||455.89M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Lien Kieu Mai
- Chief Research & Development Officer: Khanh Quoc Nguyen
- Chief HR & Administration Officer: Huong Thi Bui
- Co-Secretary & Director-Foreign Branch: Thanh Truc Quang Le
- Chief Dairy Farm Officer: Dung Quoc Trinh
- State Capital Investment Corp. (Investment Company)(36.0%)
- Fraser & Neave Ltd.(16.7%)
- Jardine Cycle & Carriage Ltd.(10.0%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(3.9%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(2.1%)
- Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte Ltd.(1.6%)
- LGM Investments Ltd.(1.1%)
- VinaCapital Investment Management Ltd. (Invt Mgmt)(0.8%)
- Amersham Industries Ltd.(0.7%)
- Dragon Capital Management Co. Ltd.(0.6%)
- Website: http://www.vinamilk.com.vn
- Address: 10 Tan Trao Street, Tan Phu Ward, Ho Chi Minh City, 700000, Vietnam
- Phone: +220.127.116.11.555
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.