|Sep 19, 2017|
|Sep 19, 2017|
Currency in HKD
|Full time employees:||149,092|
Dongfeng Motor Group Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, and auto engines and parts. It operates through the following segments: Commercial Vehicles, Passenger Vehicles, Financing Service, and Corporate and Others. The Commercial Vehicles segment manufactures and sells commercial vehicles, engines, and other automotive parts. The Passenger Vehicles segment manufactures and sales of passenger vehicles, engines, and automotive parts. The Financing Service segment provides financing services to external customers and companies within the group. The Corporate and Others segment involves in the manufacture and sale of other automobile related product. The company was founded on May 18, 2001 and is headquartered in Wuhan, China.
Dongfeng Motor Group is one of China's three biggest automakers, along with First Automobile Works Group (FAW) and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC). Its predecessor was Second Automobile Works Group, the second state-owned automaker established after FAW.
Dongfeng Motor is based in Wuhan, Hubei Province. It has established production and sales ventures with such foreign automakers as Nissan Motor and Honda Motor of Japan, PSA Peugeot Citroen and Renault of France and Kia Motors of South Korea. It sold about 2.73 million vehicles in 2014, giving it a market share of about 11.6%. Its joint venture with Nissan is the largest in China. The main plant for that alliance is in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province.
In May 2015, Xu Ping, who served as chairman for five years, handed over control of Dongfeng Motor to Zhu Yanfeng, former chairman of FAW. Zhu joined FAW in 1983 and headed the company as president and chairman between 2000 and 2007.
In the news
Alliance sees sales of 14 million units, 30% of fleet being 'electrified'
September 15, 2017 8:37 pm JST
Hang Seng Index ends flat as developers retreat after three-day winning streak
September 12, 2017 7:49 pm JST
September 12, 2017 7:39 pm JST
Automaker's answer to Tesla also targeted at rapidly growing Chinese market
September 6, 2017 4:26 pm JST
Foreign automakers race to capture China's growing green vehicle market
August 30, 2017 4:45 am JST
Automakers tap into 'new energy' vehicles boom in the world's biggest market
August 29, 2017 2:34 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,543.64M|
|Dividends per share||0.26|
|Operating cash flow||16,126.51M|
Currency in HKD
|Income before tax||327.68M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||2,077.50M|
Currency in USD
- President & Executive Director: Shao Zhu Li
- Head-Technical Development Department: Jian Gang Li
- Board Secretary & Vice President: Wei Cai
- Head-Strategy & Planning Department: Zhenbo Liao
- Head-Audit Department: Li Kang
- Standard Chartered Private Equity Ltd.(8.4%)
- Westwood Global Investments LLC(8.1%)
- Orbis Investment Management Ltd.(5.9%)
- Edinburgh Partners Ltd.(5.3%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(3.4%)
- Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Ltd.(3.3%)
- Hang Seng Investment Management Ltd.(2.7%)
- FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd.(2.1%)
- Hermes Investment Management Ltd.(1.9%)
- Schroder Investment Management Ltd.(1.7%)
- Website: http://www.dfmg.com.cn
- Address: Special No. 1 Dongfeng Road, Wuhan Economic and Technology, Wuhan, 430056, China
- Phone: +86.27.8428.5555
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.