|Feb 19, 2018|
|Feb 19, 2018|
Currency in THB
|Full time employees:||--|
Airports of Thailand Public Co. Ltd. engages in the operation of airport and hotel. It operates through the Airport and Hotel segments. Its manages Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Don Mueang Airport (DMK), Chiang Mai (CNX), Hat Yai (HDY), Phuket (HKT), and Mae Fah Luang - Chiang Rai. The company was founded on December 17, 1903 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Airports of Thailand, a state-owned airport operator, is 70% controlled by the finance ministry. The company was established in 2002 when the Airports Authority of Thailand was privatized.
It operates six major airports in Thailand. Suvarnabhumi Airport, the new international airport that opened in Bangkok in 2006, just after a coup that toppled the Thaksin Shinawatra government, is run by the company. The airport was seized by anti-government protestors in 2008 and forced to shut down for a week.
Don Mueang International Airport, which opened in 1914, was replaced by Suvarnabhumi, but is now a budget airline hub. Other airports include those at popular tourist destinations such as Phuket and Chiang Mai.
The chairman post at Airports of Thailand is filled by air force officials. Current Chairman Araya Ngampramuan is an Air Chief Marshal. He was named to replace Sita Divari, a squadron leader who was picked by ousted Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, and resigned after the military coup in May 2014. The president's post is currently vacant. Former President Makin Petplai stepped down from his post in September without citing reasons. The company has invited members of the public to apply for the role.
In the news
January 22, 2018 8:36 pm JST
January 5, 2018 7:20 am JST
November 30, 2017 8:23 pm JST
Heavyweights Samsung Electronics, Tencent Holdings shed more than 3%
November 30, 2017 8:14 pm JST
Current strong GDP largely due to external factors -- exports and tourism
November 22, 2017 9:35 pm JST
UN decision opens path for new flights to China, South Korea and Japan
October 9, 2017 5:31 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||26,184.97M|
|Dividends per share||0.86|
|Operating cash flow||25,930.41M|
Currency in THB
|Income before tax||757.99M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||750.62M|
Currency in USD
- President & Director: Nitinai Sirismatthakarn
- Senior Executive VP-Finance & Accounting: Poolsiri Virojanapa
- EVP-Group Communications & Information Technology: Kittipoj Venunandana
- Senior EVP-Human Resources & Administration: Montri Mongkoldaow
- Senior Executive Vice President-Corporate Strategy: Sasisubha Sukontasap
- Government of Thailand(70.0%)
- Social Security Office of Thailand(1.2%)
- SRIVADDHANAPRABHA AIYAWATT /ENERGY/(0.8%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.7%)
- SRIVADDHANAPRABHA VORAMAS(0.6%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(0.5%)
- Krungsri Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.5%)
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.(0.4%)
- Sands Capital Management LLC(0.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.2%)
- Website: http://www.airportthai.co.th
- Address: 333 Cherdwutugard Road, Srikan, Don Mueang, Bangkok, 10210, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.2535.1192
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.