|Aug 18, 2017|
|Aug 18, 2017|
Currency in KRW
|Full time employees:||--|
LG Display Co., Ltd. is engaged in the manufacture and sale of thin film transistor and organic light-emitting diodedisplay(OLED) products. Its products include television, commercial, monitor, notebook, mobile, auto, and OLED display. The company was founded on February 28, 1985 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
LG Display is the world's largest liquid crystal display panel maker. Its largest shareholder is LG Electronics.
The company grew rapidly after it formed a joint venture with Dutch company Royal Philips, beginning in 1999. Royal Philips sold all of its shares by 2009 to terminate the joint venture. Currently, LG Display conducts business on its own.
LG Display has two production bases in South Korea and one in Guangzhou, China. It also sells products to companies outside the group, as well as to LG Electronics. The company has a reputation for quality, as shown by the fact that U.S. tech giant Apple, which is known for its stringent technology valuation, has continued to adopt the company's LCD panels in its iPhone series of smartphones.
Reacting to increased competition from Chinese rivals, LG Display has shifted to production of high-resolution displays. It was among the first LCD panel makers in the world to launch mass production of large organic light-emitting diode displays. Although small and midsize OLED displays are widely used in smartphones, it is difficult to produce large displays. LG Display overcame the barrier by adopting unique architecture.
LG Electronics is among the few makers of large OLED TV's, the main products with which LG Display can differentiate itself from its rivals. However, it could also be a risk factor. Any delay in market expansion could lead to a slowdown in panel demand and negatively affect large investments.
In the news
Demand for panel materials, production equipment keeping manufacturers busy
August 17, 2017 11:47 pm JST
Semiconductor, display manufacturers underpin solid earnings growth
August 17, 2017 3:23 am JST
South Korean manufacturer shatters own record with wave-shaped display
August 15, 2017 7:00 am JST
Revived electronics company betting on success of 8K TVs
August 11, 2017 3:25 am JST
Would-be rescuer INCJ may have erred in strategy for the ailing company
August 10, 2017 7:29 am JST
Thousands of jobs would be cut in overhauling LCD business
August 8, 2017 2:24 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,307.89B|
|Dividends per share||500|
|Operating cash flow||3,700.72B|
Currency in KRW
|Income before tax||1,127.31M|
|Dividends per share||0.43|
|Operating cash flow||3,189.75M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Sang-Beom Han
- Chief Operations Officer & Vice President: Yu-Seoung Yin
- Chief Financial Officer & Director: Sang-Don Kim
- CTO & Senior Managing Director: In-Byung Kang
- Vice President & Head-Television Business: Yong-Kee Hwang
- LG Electronics, Inc.(37.9%)
- National Pension Service of Korea(9.2%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(4.0%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.4%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(1.3%)
- BlackRock Fund Advisors(1.3%)
- Dimensional Fund Advisors LP(1.0%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.7%)
- Acadian Asset Management LLC(0.5%)
- BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd.(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.lgdisplay.com
- Address: LG Twin Towers, 128 Yeoui-daero, Seoul, 07336, South Korea
- Phone: +82.2.3777.1010
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.