|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in SGD
|Full time employees:||--|
Thai Beverage Public Co., Ltd. is a holding company, which engages in beverages business. It operates through the following segments: Spirits, Beer, Non-alcoholic beverage, and Food. The Spirits segment refers to the production and sale of spirits products. The Beer segment is the sale and production of branded beer products. The Non-alcoholic beverages segment refers to the production and sale of branded water, soda, ready-to-drink coffee, energy drink, green tea, and fruit flavoured drinks. The Food segment is the operation of Japanese restaurants and distribution of foods and beverages. The company was founded on October 29, 2003 and is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
Thai Beverage, Thailand's largest thirst-quencher, offers both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. One of its best-known brands is Chang beer, which controls the second largest slice of Thailand's beer market, after Singha beer. Thai Beverage is listed on the Singapore stock exchange; the Thai bourse restricts the listing of alcohol-related stocks.
The company was founded in 2003 through the consolidation of 58 beer and spirits businesses, such as the Chang beer, owned by billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a Chinese immigrant. Charoen has expanded into non-alcohol business in recent years through acquisitions of beverage makers. Brands owned include green-tea beverage Oishi and est cola, a Pepsi knockoff. In 2012, it acquired a roughly 29% stake in Singaporean beverage maker Fraser and Neave, in line with its long-term strategy to strengthen its non-alcoholic business and operations outside Thailand.
The Sirivadhanabhakdi family's stake in Thai Beverage is around 30%. Charoen is chairman and his son Thapana serves as president and CEO.
While Thai Beverage is its core business, the family also has investments in real estate, hotels, financial and consumer products. It has a majority stake in Thai-listed trading house Berli Jucker, which recently acquired Metro's Vietnam operations. Metro is a German-based chain of warehouse-style retailers and wholesalers.
In the news
Clothing, spirits makers see uptick in sales following king's funeral ceremony
November 1, 2017 1:44 am JST
Sale of more than 3% of shares expected to raise more than $280m for national coffers
October 18, 2017 12:38 pm JST
Most Asian markets advance after lower-than-expected U.S. inflation data
October 16, 2017 8:07 pm JST
October 16, 2017 8:00 pm JST
October 13, 2017 9:25 am JST
October 11, 2017 9:18 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,003.61M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||777.43M|
Currency in SGD
|Income before tax||727.24M|
|Dividends per share||0.02|
|Operating cash flow||563.34M|
Currency in USD
- President, Chief Executive Officer & Director: Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi
- Chief Financial Officer, Director & Executive VP: Sithichai Chaikriangkrai
- Director & Executive VP-Technology & Engineering: Pisanu Vichiensanth
- Senior Vice President: Kamolnai Chaixanien
- Senior Vice President: Nongnuch Buranasetkul
- SIRIVADHANABHAKDI FAMILY(45.2%)
- MM Group Ltd.(20.6%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (Global Investors)(2.9%)
- Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)(1.8%)
- Genesis Investment Management LLP(1.3%)
- TEJAPAIBUL VIVAT(0.8%)
- Matthews International Capital Management LLC(0.8%)
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.(0.7%)
- SIRIVADHANABHAKDI PANOTE(0.4%)
- SIRIVADHANABHAKDI THAPANA(0.4%)
- Website: http://www.thaibev.com
- Address: 14 Vibhavadee Rangsit Road, Chomphon, Chatuchak, Bangkok, 10900, Thailand
- Phone: +66.2.785.5555
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.