|Aug 22, 2017|
|Aug 22, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||101,818|
Sime Darby Bhd. engages in the provision of integrated businesses. It operates through the following divisions: Plantation, Industrial Equipment, Motors, Property, and Energy and Logistics. The Plantation division is involved in the production of palm and vegetable oil. The Industrial Equipment division offers a complete value chain of heavy equipment products and services including new machines, engines, and used equipment for rental. The Motors division refers to the distribution, import and export of vehicles. The Property division is the development of residential properties. The Energy and Logistics division is the trading, engineering and technical services, ports and logistics and water management across four countries. It also has the following geographical operations: Malaysia, Indonesia, South East Asia, China, Australasia, and Others. The company was founded by Alexander Guthrie, Daniel Harrison, Smith Harrison, Joseph Crosfield, William Middleton Sime, Henry d'Esterre Darby and Herbert Mitford Darby in 1910 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Sime Darby is a Malaysian conglomerate with businesses in plantations, industrial equipment, automotives, property and energy.
As a diversified multinational company with a staff of more than 100,000, operating in 23 countries, Sime Darby plays a key role in the Malaysian economy. Its plantation division is the world's largest producer of palm oil, accounting for about 2.47 million tons, or 5% of global crude palm oil, annually.
Sime Darby Plantation operates upstream and downstream businesses, turning palm oil into consumer products such as cooking oil and detergents. The division owns about 8,600 sq. km of plantation land -- 12 times the size of Singapore -- in Malaysia, Indonesia and Liberia.
The group has dealerships to distribute heavy industry equipment and luxury marques such as BMW, Rolls-Royce and Porsche in the Asia Pacific region. In property development, Sime Darby builds townships in Malaysia and abroad. Mohd Bakke Salleh has been the president of the company since 2010. He formerly worked with state fund Permodalan Nasional, Sime Darby's major shareholder.
In the news
August 22, 2017 12:32 pm JST
August 18, 2017 7:46 pm JST
August 18, 2017 7:26 pm JST
August 18, 2017 12:33 pm JST
August 17, 2017 8:30 pm JST
August 17, 2017 7:27 pm JST
August 17, 2017 6:57 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||2,767.4M|
|Dividends per share||0.27|
|Operating cash flow||3,024.2M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||669.34M|
|Dividends per share||0.06|
|Operating cash flow||731.46M|
Currency in USD
- President & Chief Executive Officer: Jeffri Salim Davidson
- Chief Operating Officer: Ismee bin Ismail
- Group Chief Financial Officer: Poh Keow Tong
- Group Head-Compliance & Corporate Assurance: John Edward Arkosi
- Group Chief Trading & Procurement Officer: Philip Kunjappy
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(44.5%)
- Employees Provident Fund(10.3%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(5.8%)
- Bumiputra Investment Foundation(5.0%)
- Lembaga Tabung Haji(2.4%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(2.1%)
- Government of Malaysia(1.0%)
- CIMB-Principal Asset Management (S) Pte Ltd.(0.7%)
- Eastspring Investments Bhd.(0.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(0.7%)
- Website: http://www.simedarby.com
- Address: 19th Floor, Wisma Sime Darby, Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur, 50350, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2691.4122
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.