|Feb 15, 2018|
|Feb 15, 2018|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||124,356|
Sime Darby Berhad is a global trading and logistics player. It operates through the following divisions: Industrial Equipment, Motors, Logistics, Healthcare and Others. The Industrial division offers sales, rental and servicing of heavy equipment and engineering services. The Motors division assembles and distributes vehicles and the provision of after-sale services. The Logistics division engages in the management of port facilities, treatment and distribution of treated water. The Other division provides healthcare, insurance broking and other general investments. The company was founded by Alexander Guthrie, Daniel Harrison, Smith Harrison, Joseph Crosfield, William Middleton Sime, Henry d'Esterre Darby and Herbert Mitford Darby in 1910 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Sime Darby is a Malaysian conglomerate with businesses in plantations, industrial equipment, automotives, property and energy.
As a diversified multinational company with a staff of more than 100,000, operating in 23 countries, Sime Darby plays a key role in the Malaysian economy. Its plantation division is the world's largest producer of palm oil, accounting for about 2.47 million tons, or 5% of global crude palm oil, annually.
Sime Darby Plantation operates upstream and downstream businesses, turning palm oil into consumer products such as cooking oil and detergents. The division owns about 8,600 sq. km of plantation land -- 12 times the size of Singapore -- in Malaysia, Indonesia and Liberia.
The group has dealerships to distribute heavy industry equipment and luxury marques such as BMW, Rolls-Royce and Porsche in the Asia Pacific region. In property development, Sime Darby builds townships in Malaysia and abroad. Mohd Bakke Salleh has been the president of the company since 2010. He formerly worked with state fund Permodalan Nasional, Sime Darby's major shareholder.
In the news
Banks drive gains for STI, while Sime Darby, Nestle (Malaysia) boost KLCI
February 15, 2018 4:06 pm JST
February 15, 2018 3:55 pm JST
February 15, 2018 7:40 am JST
February 13, 2018 12:30 pm JST
February 13, 2018 10:48 am JST
Aims to raise foreign share in investment mix to 32% this year from 28% in 2017
February 12, 2018 8:45 pm JST
February 12, 2018 8:30 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||1,007M|
|Dividends per share||0.23|
|Operating cash flow||5,008M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||234.99M|
|Dividends per share||0.05|
|Operating cash flow||1,168.66M|
Currency in USD
- Group Chief Executive Officer & Director: Jeffri Salim Davidson
- Group Chief Financial Officer: Encik Mustamir Mohamad
- Group Head-Compliance & Corporate Assurance: John Edward Arkosi
- Managing Director-Motors Division: Cheow Hock Lee
- Managing Director-Industrial Division: Scott William Cameron
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(46.1%)
- Employees Provident Fund(11.7%)
- Bumiputra Investment Foundation(5.9%)
- Kumpulan Wang Persaraan(4.8%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(2.5%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.7%)
- Great Eastern Life Assurance Co. Ltd.(1.2%)
- Government of Malaysia(1.0%)
- Valuecap Sdn. Bhd.(0.8%)
- CIMB-Principal Asset Management (S) Pte Ltd.(0.8%)
- Website: http://www.simedarby.com
- Address: Wisma Sime Darby, Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur, 50350, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2691.4122
Copyright © 2018 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.