|Sep 21, 2017|
|Sep 21, 2017|
Currency in MYR
|Full time employees:||35,000|
IHH Healthcare Bhd. is an investment holding company, engages in the provision of healthcare services. It operates through the following segments: Parkway Pantai Limited, Acibadem Holdings, IMU Health, and Parkway Life REIT. The Parkway Pantai Limited segment manages healthcare networks in Malaysia, Singapore, India, China, and Indochina. The Acibadem Holdings segment operates as a hospital and healthcare service provider in Central Eastern Europe, Middle East, and North Africa. The IMU segment provides education services through its university and a college. The Parkway Life REIT offers healthcare real estate investment trust. The company was founded on May 21, 2010 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
IHH Healthcare runs 37 private hospitals in 10 countries, including China and India. Its facilities have a total of more than 6,000 beds.
Headquartered in Malaysia, the company also sees Singapore and Turkey as its home markets. Its hospitals in these three countries attract affluent patients from across Southeast Asia and the Middle East. The group's Mount Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals in Singapore are considered particularly prestigious, thanks to their state-of-the-art medical equipment.
IHH is 44% owned by Khazanah Nasional, an investment arm of the Malaysian government. Khazanah in 2010 defeated a rival bid from India's Fortis Healthcare to take control of Parkway Holdings, a then-listed Singaporean company, which owned hospitals in Malaysia and Singapore. Today, Parkway is a wholly owned IHH subsidiary.
IHH is listed in both Malaysia and Singapore. The group is led by CEO Tan See Leng, who is also a doctor. Tan joined Parkway in 2004 and held various high-ranking positions before the company slid under IHH's umbrella.
Globally, IHH is the second-largest health care operator by market capitalization. Japanese trading house Mitsui & Co. is a major shareholder.
In the news
Property developers pull down STI, Westports drags KLCI
September 21, 2017 8:49 pm JST
September 21, 2017 8:45 pm JST
September 20, 2017 12:30 pm JST
September 19, 2017 8:30 pm JST
September 19, 2017 3:30 pm JST
September 19, 2017 12:30 pm JST
September 19, 2017 11:02 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||860.94M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||1,730.45M|
Currency in MYR
|Income before tax||207.82M|
|Dividends per share||0.00|
|Operating cash flow||417.70M|
Currency in USD
- CEO, MD & Non-Independent Executive Director: See Leng Tan
- Group Chief Financial Officer: Soon Teck Low
- Group Head-Internal Audit: Audrey Huang
- Assistant Vice President-Investor Relations: Penelope Koh
- Group Head-Human Capital Management: Juan Jim Tan
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd. (Investment Company)(41.0%)
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd.(18.0%)
- Employees Provident Fund(9.5%)
- Singapore Exchange Ltd.(5.1%)
- Permodalan Nasional Bhd.(3.5%)
- AYDINLAR MEHMET ALI(2.1%)
- Public Mutual Bhd.(1.8%)
- GIC Pte Ltd. (Investment Management)(1.8%)
- Kuwait Investment Authority (Investment Management)(1.7%)
- The Vanguard Group, Inc.(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.ihh-healthcare.com
- Address: Level 11 Block A, Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, 8 Jalan Bukit Pantai, Kuala Lumpur, 59100, Malaysia
- Phone: +60.3.2298.9898
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.