|Nov 17, 2017|
|Nov 17, 2017|
Currency in INR
|Full time employees:||9,509|
Bajaj Auto Ltd. manufactures and markets two-wheeler and three-wheeler vehicles. The company also offers motorcycles, scooters, commercial vehicles and related spare parts. It operates through the following segments: Automotive, Investments and Others. The company was founded in November 29, 1945 and is headquartered in Pune, India.
Bajaj Auto is a core unit of the conglomerate Bajaj. It is jockeying for the second or third slot among motorcycle makers in India and dominates the market for three-wheel vehicles. It exports large numbers of motorcycles and three-wheel vehicles to countries in South Asia and Southeast Asia. Three-wheelers in general are called bajai in Indonesia.
The company was founded by late Jamnalal Bajaj. He was closely associated with Mohandas Gandhi and is well known for his support for Gandhi's nonviolent movement to win independence for India. Bajaj is in the financial services and manufacturing businesses. Bajaj Auto started out as a joint venture with Italian vehicles maker Piaggio in 1945 -- that partnership has been dissolved. Since its formation, the company has been a major force in India's vehicles market.
A majority stake in the company is owned by the founding family and its group companies. Its leading shareholder is the holding company of the group, Bajaj Holdings and Investment.
Bajaj Auto's chairman is Rahul Bajaj, a grandson of the founder. Rahul's eldest son, Rajiv, has served as managing director from 2005. Under the leadership of Rajiv, the company is working on new product development, concentrating resources on sporty motorcycles and four-wheel commercial vehicles developed on three-wheeler's technology.
In the news
November 2, 2017 8:24 pm JST
Axis Bank, ICICI Bank slump
October 18, 2017 9:03 pm JST
Axis Bank slides 1.4%; Bharti Airtel extends gains
October 17, 2017 9:34 pm JST
Investors in Asia await China Communist Party Congress beginning Wednesday
October 17, 2017 8:31 pm JST
October 17, 2017 8:20 pm JST
Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto lead gains
October 3, 2017 9:47 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||53,329.3M|
|Dividends per share||55|
|Operating cash flow||33,417.6M|
Currency in INR
|Income before tax||795.28M|
|Dividends per share||0.82|
|Operating cash flow||498.34M|
Currency in USD
- Managing Director & Executive Director: Rajivnayan R. Bajaj
- Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director: Pradeep Shrivastava
- CFO & President-Finance Division: Kevin P. D'Sa
- Chief Technology Officer: Abraham Joseph
- Secretary & Compliance Officer: J. Sridhar
- Bajaj Holdings & Investment Ltd.(31.5%)
- BAJAJ NIRAJKUMAR RAMKRISHNAJI(11.5%)
- Life Insurance Corp. of India(5.5%)
- Jaya Hind Investments Pvt Ltd.(3.2%)
- Maharashtra Scooters Ltd.(2.3%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(1.6%)
- BAJAJ SHISHIR KAMALNAYAN(1.5%)
- Bachhraj & Co. Pvt Ltd.(1.2%)
- Lazard Asset Management LLC(1.2%)
- JF Asset Management Ltd.(1.1%)
- Website: http://www.bajajauto.com
- Address: Bajaj Auto Ltd. Complex, Mumbai-Pune Road, Pune, 411035, India
- Phone: +91.20.66106063
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.