|Oct 18, 2017|
|Oct 18, 2017|
Currency in VND
|Full time employees:||15,615|
Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam engages in the provision of commercial banking services. It operates through following segments: Banking Services, Non-banking Financial services, Securities, and Other. It offers traditional banking services such as international settlement and trade finance, fund mobilization, lending, and project finance. It also provides modern banking services, which include treasury and derivatives, card service, e-banking, and securities trading and investment. The company was founded on January 20, 1955 and is headquartered in Ha Noi, Vietnam.
Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) was spun off from the State Bank of Vietnam and is one of Vietnam's four largest state-run commercial banks. It has been a major player in international trade payment settlement and is also boosting retail lending.
While the bank was listed on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange in 2009, the government still holds a sizable 77% stake. The remainder is held by foreign investors, including Japan's Mizuho Bank, which holds a 15% interest, the second largest. Market capitalization is about $3 billion.
CEO Nghiem Xuan Thanh previously was deputy CEO at Vietinbank, one of the four largest state-run commercial banks. Officials from Mizuho Bank also work at Vietcombank.
The bank is forging ties with Japan's regional lenders and has partnered with Fukui Bank and Toho Bank, a Fukushima Prefecture-based concern, with a view to enticing smaller Japanese companies to set up shop in Vietnam.
Vietcombank, which is highly profitable in the domestic market, is setting its sights on global markets. It aims to become one of the world's 300 largest banking institutions in terms of profitability and deposits by 2020.
In the news
The country's most profitable retail bank targeting foreign investors
August 17, 2017 10:03 pm JST
Vietnam's most profitable retail bank to debut despite banking crackdown
August 11, 2017 3:27 am JST
Bank saw healthy growth across all parts of business following revamp
July 12, 2017 12:05 am JST
Thirsty beer market bodes well, but heavy regulations threaten sales
December 6, 2016 8:36 pm JST
August 30, 2016 9:30 pm JST
June 16, 2016 12:00 pm JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||8,523.08B|
|Dividends per share||800|
|Operating cash flow||4,287.01B|
Currency in VND
|Income before tax||381.08M|
|Dividends per share||0.03|
|Operating cash flow||191.68M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Dung Quang Pham
- Director & Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Luong Danh Nguyen
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Tuan Minh Dao
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Thuy Nga Thi Truong
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Hao Dao
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management, Inc.(0.2%)
- Van Eck Associates Corp.(0.2%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.2%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (Singapore) Ltd.(0.1%)
- Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co. LLC(0.1%)
- Lion Global Investors Ltd.(0.0%)
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management International Ltd.(0.0%)
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC(0.0%)
- Capital Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.0%)
- Alquity Investment Management Ltd.(0.0%)
- Website: http://www.vietcombank.com.vn
- Address: 198 Tran Quang Khai Street, Ly Thai To Ward, Ha Noi, 100000, Vietnam
- Phone: +84.4.3934.3137
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.