|Jul 27, 2017|
|Jul 27, 2017|
Currency in VND
Oil & Gas Pipelines
|Full time employees:||--|
PetroVietnam Gas JSC engages in gathering, manufacturing, storing, distributing, and trading gas products. Its products include liquefied petroleum gas, dry gas, condensate, compressed natural gas, and liquefied natural gas. The firm also provides transportation, engine conversion, and maintenance and repair services for gas facility equipment. The company was founded on September 20, 1990 and is headquartered in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
PetroVietnam Gas is one of Vietnam's largest state-run companies. A member of Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group, PetroVietnam Gas is the largest natural gas company in the country. PetroVietnam Gas runs integrated operations, from drilling for gas through to marketing. It controls nearly 70% of the domestic market for liquefied petroleum gas and has a market capitalization of about $9 billion, making it one of the largest publicly traded Vietnamese companies.
PetroVietnam Gas was listed on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange in 2012. It is 97% owned by the Vietnamese government with the remainder held mostly by foreign investors. Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has plans to sell off a 20% interest in the company.
Because of its high domestic market share, PetroVietnam Gas boasts formidable price bargaining power. Its net profit margin is more than 10%. In 2013, the company was compelled to slash prices amid public criticism that it was making too much money.
The company is actively pursuing a policy of collaborating with foreign companies. In June 2014, it signed a liquefied natural gas trading contract with Royal Dutch Shell. In 2012, it teamed up with Tokyo Gas.
President and CEO Do Khang Ninh, 54, is an expert on oil transport and storage and earned a masters degree in Russia.
In the news
FT Confidential Research
June 15, 2017 10:00 am JST
Company to invest $4.5bn in 15 other major projects up to 2021
May 17, 2017 2:00 am JST
Vietnam's state-owned gas company has 60 gas projects in the pipeline
January 11, 2017 10:32 pm JST
Thirsty beer market bodes well, but heavy regulations threaten sales
December 6, 2016 8:36 pm JST
Growing energy appetite means the region may soon be a major LNG importer
December 1, 2016 12:00 pm JST
November 8, 2016 2:27 am JST
- Local currency
- US Dollar
|Income before tax||9,152.24B|
|Dividends per share||4,000|
|Operating cash flow||6,031.65B|
Currency in VND
|Income before tax||409.21M|
|Dividends per share||0.17|
|Operating cash flow||269.68M|
Currency in USD
- Chief Executive Officer & Director: Son Manh Duong
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Huy Quoc Nguyen
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Hien Hung Tran
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Nghi Thanh Nguyen
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Linh Hong Pham
- Government of Vietnam(95.7%)
- Norges Bank Investment Management(0.2%)
- Capital Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.0%)
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC(0.0%)
- JPMorgan Asset Management (Singapore) Ltd.(0.0%)
- VAM Vietnam Fund Management JSC(0.0%)
- Petrovietnam Gas JSC(0.0%)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Co., Ltd.(0.0%)
- KBC Fund Management Ltd.(0.0%)
- Guggenheim Funds Investment Advisors LLC(0.0%)
- Website: http://www.pvgas.com.vn
- Address: PV Gas Tower, 673 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Ho Chi Minh City, 700000, Vietnam
- Phone: +84.8.3781.6777
Copyright © 2017 FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved.