ArrowArtboardCreated with Sketch.Title ChevronTitle ChevronIcon FacebookIcon LinkedinIcon Mail ContactPath LayerIcon MailPositive ArrowIcon PrintIcon Twitter
Nikkei Markets

Comba Telecom To Invest $110 Million In Laos To Build 4G Network

By Carrie Chen
Nikkei Markets
HONG KONG (Dec 13) -- Hong Kong-listed telecommunications equipment maker Comba Telecom Systems Holdings said its Laos-incorporated subsidiary ETL plans to invest up to $110 million to build up its own 4G service network in the southeast Asian nation.

ETL, in which Comba holds a 51% stake and the Laos government owns the remaining 49%, will enter into definitive procurement agreements with equipment suppliers and service providers to build the fourth-generation, or 4G, high speed telecom services network, Comba said in a statement to Hong Kong stock exchange on Tuesday.

Established in 2000, ETL holds a full license for telecom operations and is the third largest player in Laos.
- By Carrie Chen; carrie.chen@nikkeinewsrise.com; +852 3960 5102
- Edited by V. Phani Kumar
- Send Feedback to feedback@nikkeinewsrise.com
- Copyright (c) 2017 Nikkei NewsRise Asia Pte Ltd.

Sponsored Content

About Sponsored Content This content was commissioned by Nikkei's Global Business Bureau.

You have {{numberArticlesLeft}} free article{{numberArticlesLeft-plural}} left this monthThis is your last free article this month

Stay ahead with our exclusives on Asia;
the most dynamic market in the world.

Stay ahead with our exclusives on Asia

Get trusted insights from experts within Asia itself.

Get trusted insights from experts
within Asia itself.

Try 1 month for $0.99

You have {{numberArticlesLeft}} free article{{numberArticlesLeft-plural}} left this month

This is your last free article this month

Stay ahead with our exclusives on Asia; the most
dynamic market in the world
.

Get trusted insights from experts
within Asia itself.

Try 3 months for $9

Offer ends July 31st

Your trial period has expired

You need a subscription to...

  • Read all stories with unlimited access
  • Use our mobile and tablet apps
See all offers and subscribe

Your full access to Nikkei Asia has expired

You need a subscription to:

  • Read all stories with unlimited access
  • Use our mobile and tablet apps
See all offers
NAR on print phone, device, and tablet media

Nikkei Asian Review, now known as Nikkei Asia, will be the voice of the Asian Century.

Celebrate our next chapter
Free access for everyone - Sep. 30

Find out more