MANILA -- The Philippines on Thursday condemned Beijing over an incident two days earlier in which the Chinese Coast Guard fired water cannons to block Manila's vessels in the disputed South China Sea.
Three Chinese Coast Guard vessels obstructed two Philippine boats transporting food supplies to Philippine military personnel at the Second Thomas Shoal, Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. said in a statement. No one was hurt, but the Philippine side had to abort its mission, he said.






