China's Hesai presses on with U.S. lawsuit after return to blacklist

Lidar maker denies allegation of working with Beijing's military

20241024N Pentagon building

The Pentagon building in Washington. The Pentagon reinstated lidar manufacturer Hesai on its blacklist of Chinese firms allegedly working with Beijing's military. © Reuters

(Reuters) -- Hesai Group on Thursday said it plans to continue its legal process against the U.S. after the Pentagon reinstated the lidar manufacturer on its blacklist of Chinese firms allegedly working with Beijing's military.

The U.S. Justice Department said in a court filing last week that the Pentagon removed Hesai from the blacklist, but planned to relist the Chinese company "based on the latest information available."

Sponsored Content

About Sponsored ContentThis content was commissioned by Nikkei's Global Business Bureau.