TOKYO -- U.S. efforts to recover and analyze the debris of the Chinese spy balloon shot down earlier this month will be an all-government operation, a senior U.S. official told reporters in Tokyo on Thursday.
Analyzing downed device will be a 'whole of government' task
A U.S. Navy sailor conducts a search for debris with an underwater vehicle during efforts to recover a high-altitude Chinese balloon shot down by the U.S. Air Force off the coast of South Carolina on Feb. 7. © U.S. Navy handout via Reuters
TOKYO -- U.S. efforts to recover and analyze the debris of the Chinese spy balloon shot down earlier this month will be an all-government operation, a senior U.S. official told reporters in Tokyo on Thursday.